All Luke & Associates positions have the sole purpose of providing quality medical attention to veterans, the military, and their families. Our commitment is to our employees, our clients and of course the patients and their safety.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE A BACKGROUND AND FINANCIAL CHECK, DRUG SCREENING AND OTHER SCREENINGS.
PICU RN (Registered Nurse)
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Bachelor’s, Associates, or diploma in Nursing from an accredited university;
- Successfully passed National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
- Current BLS and ACLS and PALS if required by the client.
- Minimum of 1 year experience within the preceding 3 years in pediatric intensive care unit.
- Will consider applicants with a combined minimum of 2 years neonatal ICU/pediatric ICU experience and ability to pass written PICU competency.
- Valid license in at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US
- The Registered Nurses (RN) shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- The RNs shall have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated medical records.
- The RNs shall be a U.S citizen.
- Walter Reed NMMC is open 7-days a week.
- RNs will conduct three 12-hour shifts either between 7a-7p or 7p-7a. Full-time and PRN positions available.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able and willing to prioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Flexible and able to work with various personalities.
- Team work skills required.
- Time management skills required.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential.
- High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.