All Luke & Associates positions have the sole purpose of providing quality medical attention to veterans, the military, and their families. Our commitment is to our employees, our clients and of course the patients and their safety.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE A BACKGROUND AND FINANCIAL CHECK, DRUG SCREENING AND OTHER SCREENINGS.
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Marine Medical Home Port at the Adult Medical Care Clinic (AMCC) at Naval Hospital Twenty Nine Palms (NHTP), CA, or at the Naval Hospital’s Branch Clinic.
- Possess an associate’s degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Possess a minimum of 12 months experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant within the preceding 36 months.
- Possess and maintain a current, unrestricted license as a Physical Therapy Assistant in any one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Services shall be provided from Monday through Friday, between the hours of 0700 – 1800 for either an 8.5 or 9 hour shift inclusive of a 30 minute or 1 hour uncompensated meal break depending on the shift length.
- Services are not required on Federal holidays.
- The HCWs shall be on duty for about 40-hours each week, except during periods of approved leave and holidays. In no instance will the HCWs be required to provide services (on-site service plus approved leave and holidays) in excess of 80 hours per 2-week period.
- The specific schedule for the HCWs for each 2-week period will be scheduled one month in advance by the government supervisor.
- The HCWs shall accrue 8 hours of personal leave (annual plus sick) for each 80 hour pay period and shall be subject to the leave approval
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able and willing to prioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Flexible and able to work with various personalities.
- Team work skills required.
- Time management skills required.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential.
- High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.