All Luke & Associates positions have the sole purpose of providing quality medical attention to veterans, the military, and their families. Our commitment is to our employees, our clients and of course the patients and their safety.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE A BACKGROUND AND FINANCIAL CHECK, DRUG SCREENING AND OTHER SCREENINGS.
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW)
SITE OF SERVICE:
The primary sites of services will be in the Mental Health Department at Dam Neck Branch Health Clinic (BHC) and NAVSTA Norfolk BHC.
- Possess a master’s degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Possess a current, unrestricted license to practice independently as a Clinical Social Worker in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of one full-year experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker within the preceding two years.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from practicing physicians or social work supervisors attesting to the HCWs’ clinical and professional skills, competencies, patient rapport, training abilities, etc. Reference letters must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing reference. Letters of recommendation must have been written within the preceding two years.
- Healthcare Workers shall read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently and maintain good communication skills with patients and other health care personnel.
- Healthcare Workers shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the task order.
- Healthcare Workers shall be in good standing and under no sanction or suspension by the federal government.
- In order to carry out the duties required by the contract, all HCWs will be required to access Navy information technology networks/systems containing sensitive information. Only HCWs who are U.S. citizens can be granted access to Department of Navy (DON) Information Technology networks/systems and sensitive information (see Section H, SUP 5252.204-9400 Contractor Unclassified Access to Federally Controlled Facilities, Sensitive Information, Information Technology (IT) Systems or Protected Health Information and Section J, Attachment AA, Lists of Acceptable Documents to Establish U.S. Citizenship).
- Provide behavioral health care for all enrollees in the patient centered Medical Home Port (MHP) program using evidenced-based interventions and clinical practice guidelines where appropriate for treating behavioral health problems.
- Perform limited administrative duties that include maintaining statistical records of the HCWs clinical workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff Performance Improvement Functions and Process Action Teams, as prescribed by the Commander.
- Participate in monthly meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Participate in the provision of monthly in service training to non-healthcare practitioner members of the clinical and administrative staff on subjects germane to social work services. This shall include responsibility for developing and implementing psycho educational programs, community relations, information and referral.
- Independently function as the primary mental health therapist, providing assessment and therapeutic interventions in outpatient settings utilizing clinical modalities exercising mature professional judgment and utilizing a wide range of social work skills to include individual, family, couples, and group counseling to assist patients and their families in dealing with acute, routine and chronic mental health conditions.
- Practice as an interdependent member of the health team and provide important components of primary health care through direct social work services, consultation, collaboration, referral, teaching, and advocacy.
- Services shall be required from 0630 and 1800, Monday through Friday; however it may include an occasional weekend.
- Each HCW shall normally provide services for an 8.5 or 9-hour period, to include an uncompensated .5 or 1 hour meal break depending on shift length.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.